(CLAYTON) — The Proposition P campaign has collected $700,000 but it only comes from four contributors. It isn’t exactly what could be called a grassroots effort. The Eight Day Before Election Report was filed today with the Missouri Ethics Commission. (Link to report below.)
The largest contributor is the Centene Corp. which gave $250,000, Rex Singuefield gave $200,000, Civic Progress — a group that Post-Dispatch columnist Joe Pollack liked to call “Civic Regress” — gave $150,000 and the Regional Business Council gave $100,000.
Centene sought $147 million of tax abatement for its big project in Clayton last year. The company that wanted big tax breaks for itself has no problem with supporting taxes on others.
The regressive sales tax hike would hurt low-income families and seniors the most but not the chairman of Centene, Michael Neidorff. Neidorff was the highest paid CEO in St. Louis last year with $20.8 million. Not everyone thought he was worth it. He was named one of the 100 most overpaid executives in the country by a shareholder’s advocacy group.
The 1/2-cent sales tax increase would take $80 million a year from St. Louis County taxpayers, supposedly for increased police protection.However, there would be little accountability as to how the funds would be spent and no safeguards that would prevent current funding from being diverted elsewhere.
— Tom Sullivan
This morning, at a meeting of the Missouri Republican Party Executive Committee, Austin Stukins was elected as the Party’s Executive Director.
Stukins served as a Marine between 2001 and 2009 before becoming involved in politics. Since then he has worked on campaigns for Newt Gingrich, Senator Bill Cassidy, Louisiana Attorney General Jeff Landry in addition to being the Political Director of the Republican Party of Louisiana. Most recently, he worked for the Republican National Committee as State Director for Georgia and Louisiana.
Austin Stukins will report directly to Todd Graves who was elected in January and will meet with the State Committee at an informal meeting in late April.
JEFFERSON CITY — Today Senator Claire McCaskill used her platform on Twitter in an attempt to discredit U.S. Attorney General, Jeff Sessions. The problem? Her tweet was a blatant lie that was exposed by her very own earlier tweets.
McCaskill claims she has been on the Armed Services Committee for 10 years and has never had a call or meeting with the Russian ambassador. Unfortunately, McCaskill’s earlier tweets say just the opposite: “Off to a meeting with Russian Ambassador…” and “Today calls with British, Russian, and German ambassadors re: Iran Deal.”
Just a day prior, McCaskill was a guest on “Morning Joe,” where she accused President Trump of being untruthful and took credibility away from the 57.1% of Missourians who voted for him by saying they did so out of, “political road rage.”
“Senator McCaskill has been caught in a lie,” said Chairman of the Missouri Republican Party, Todd Graves. “This is just another example of why we can’t trust Senator McCaskill. She’s a liberal career politician who doesn’t represent Missouri families. Yesterday, Lyin’ Claire even hurled insults at the overwhelming number of Missourians who voted for President Trump. McCaskill and her fellow Democrats continue to show they’re completely out of touch with the people of Missouri who are looking forward to making this country great again.”
Support President Trump
Make America Great Again!
Saturday March 4 – 11:00 am-1:00pm
Ballwin, Missouri – Vlasis Park
Spirit of America Rallies are forming across the American Heartland on March 4 as grassroots American citizens come together to show support for President Trump and his “Contract With The American Voter”
Welcome Bikers, Car Enthusiasts, Veterans & First Responders . . . Show off your American Pride!!
Invite Your Friends & Neighbors
Facebook Events/ St. Louis Missouri https://www.facebook.com/events/1227190650721092/?ti=as
- State Senator Andrew Koenig
- State Representatives David Gregory, Shamed Dogan, Dave Day
- Activist Chris Arps
- Bruce Buwalda, STL County Republican Central Committee
AR-15 Raffle* to benefit Thin Blue Line K-9
|*Courtesy of Defensor Tactical
Vendors / Trump Merchandise
Join the Missouri Republican Party in Springfield for
#LDMO17 to celebrate the statewide sweep of 2016
and to rally with over 1,000 Republican activists for
victory in 2018 and beyond.
Hope to see you in Springfield, Missouri this weekend! Meet your elected officials and fellow Republicans! This as a fun way to get involved.
- Feb 24Friday
- 12:00pm – 9:00pm Registration
- 6:00pm – 7:00pm MRP Social Hour (Cash Bar) sponsored by House & Senate Leaders
- 6:00pm – 10:00pm Silent Auction/Raffle
- 7:00pm – 9:30pm MRP Banquet w/ James Lankford
- 9:30pm – Hospitality Suites
- Feb 25Saturday (pt. 1)
- 7:30am – 9:30am Breakfast hosted by Sen. Blunt & MO Pachyderms
- 8:00am – 9:00am MAR Past Presidents Breakfast (invite only)
- 8:30am – 9:30am Republican National Lawyers Association
- 9:00am – 7:00pm Registration Continues
- 9:00am – 10:00am State Committee Meeting
- 10:00am – 11:00am Meet and Greet with Governor Greitens
- 9:30am – 3:00pm Silent Auction/Raffle
*Event scheduling is subject to change.
- Feb 25Saturday (pt. 2)
- 11:00am – 12:00pm YR State Meeting
- 11:00am – 3:15pm State Pachyderms Open Forum
- 12:00pm – 2:00pm MOFRW Luncheon
- 1:00pm – 2:30pm College Republicans Meeting
- 2:00pm – 3:30pm Training Sessions
- 1:30pm – 3:30pm Conversation with Governor Greitens’ Cabinet
- 3:30pm – 4:30pm Ice Cream Social
- 3:30pm – 5:00pm Silent Auction/Raffle Pick-up
- 6:00pm – 7:00pm MAR Gold Ticket Reception
- 6:00pm – 7:00pm MAR Social Hour (Cash Bar)
- 7:00pm – 9:30pm MAR Banquet w/ Thom Tillis
- 9:30pm – Hospitality Suites
- Feb 26Sunday
- 9:00am – 10:00am Prayer Service