One of the reason’s we lost the last election is that we allowed the Left and Moderates to define the conversation. However, many of the concepts they hold to be true are mere distractions or ways to end debate.
Jonah Goldberg’s The Tyranny of Cliches: How Liberals Cheat in the War of Ideas is an important book and a must read! You will fond that many of the ideas you hold to be true simply are not. From the inside cover:
The bestselling author of Liberal Fascism dismantles the progressive myths that are passed-off as wisdom in our schools, media and politics.
- One man’s terrorist is another man’s freedom fighter: Sure, if the other man is an idiot. Was Martin Luther King Jr. a terrorist? Was Bin Laden a freedom fighter?
- Violence never solves anything: Really? It solved our problems with the British empire and ended slavery.
- Better ten guilty men go free than one innocent man suffer: So you won’t mind if those ten guilty men move next door to you?
- Diversity is strength: Cool.The NBA should have a quota for midgets and one-legged point guards!
- We need complete separation of church and state: In other words all expressions of faith should be barred from politics …except when they support liberal programs.